The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) summoned PTI Chief Imran Khan and his wife Bushra Bibi along with other PTI leaders in the Toshakhana case.
According to details, the Accountability Beaure summoned PTI chief Imran Khan and his wife Bushra Bibi along with three other PTI leaders Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Fawad Chaudhry and Pervez Khattak on 9th March 2023.
The development comes as NAB Chairman Aftab Sultan resigned from his post citing personal reasons. Chairman NAB held a meeting with Premier Shhebaz Sharif after which he puts his resignation. Some credible sources revealed that Aftab Sultan resigned from his office after “He was asked to do certain things which were not acceptable to him.”
Toshakhana is a word of Persian origin that literally translates into “treasure house”.
The Toshakhana issue became a major issue in national politics after the Election Commission of Pakistan disqualified the PTI chief for making “false statements and incorrect declaration” last month.
The judgment added that the former premier was found to be indulged in corrupt practices under sections 167 and 173 of the constitution. “A criminal proceeding will be initiated against him over filing a false statement.”
“As per the statement of Imran Khan he had purchased the gifts from Toshakhana paying 21.564 million rupees while the Cabinet Division said that the gifts had a value of 107.943 million.”
The gifts include
- Rolex wristwatch no. M228206-0036, 43.6470
- Rolex wristwatch no. M126331-0014, 2G367435
- Rolex wristwatch no. M1I6700LS001,(999927K8) Oyster S
- One iPhone presented by Qatar’s army chief dated 14/11/2018
- Rolex wristwatch no. Yacht-Master, Oyster, Serial no.068A7072. Model 116680
- Rolex wristwatch (No.E67574V3), pair of cufflinks, one ring, and unstitched cloth of pants and coat from the crown prince of Saudi Arabia dated 18/09/2020.
- Graff gift set containing one Graff wristwatch Master Graff Special Edition Mecca Timepiece, One 18K gold and diamond Graff Pen, ring, and pair of cufflinks with a micro painting of Mecca.