After the Austerity measures announced by Premier Shahbaz Sharif, the Lahore Electric Supply Company (LESCO) chief has banned the use of ACs in the company’s offices.
Credible sources inside the LESCO said that said the company’s chief has also banned the purchase of big vehicles and the officials have been directed to travel in their personal vehicles.
Furthermore, the officials have been asked to use the office’s vehicles only for official work.
Earlier Prime minister Shehbaz Sharif announced the Government’s Austerity measures to overcome the increasing inflation.
According to details, the Premier said that Austerity is the top priority of the federal government and it’s the need of this hour. He said that life has become tough for the poor and we have to learn lessons from the past and move forward. The elites have to play an important role as the entire nation is looking at us.
Premier noted that ministers, advisers, and bureaucrats would have to take the lead in adopting Austerity measures in a bid to promote the values.
Premier said the government will sacrifice first then we will ask others to become part of the austerity drive. We will fight against all the challenges together.
- All federal ministers, state ministers, advisers, and special assistants have decided to voluntarily not take their salaries
- All ministers will pay their power, telephone, water, and gas bills through their own resources
- All luxury cars are being taken back from cabinet members and will be auctioned
- When necessary, ministers will be provided one vehicle for security
- Government officials will travel in economy class and their assistants will not go with them on official tours
- During foreign tours, cabinet members will not reside in five-star hotels
- All ministries, divisions, departments, subdepartments, and independent organizations’ current expenditures will see a cut of 15%
- Principal accounting officers of ministries, divisions, departments, subdepartments, and independent organizations will adjust their expenses accordingly
- Government officials will not be allowed to buy luxury cars till June 2024
- Government officials will only hold official tours if obligatory
- Car allowances for government officers who already have official vehicles will be discontinued
- Cars provided to government officers for security will be taken back
- The interior ministry will decide which government officer gets security vehicles
- Zoom conferences will be preferred instead visiting countries
- No new department or division will be created, whether it be at the tehsil level or at the center
- To save power and gas, offices will open at 7:30 am and less power consuming appliances will be used
- Government officers will not be allotted more than one plot
- Only one dish will be eaten at government meetings, tea and biscuit will be served at other meetings
- Prohibition of food will not be applicable to foreign dignitaries
- Centre, and provinces to cut the power supply of malls and markets if they don’t shut down by 8:30 am
- Townhouses will be constructed for ministers and government officers
- A single treasury account will be established